Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pain, Fear, Sad, Angry, Mad, Etc.


Earlier this spring I was going through a very hard time. Things are much better for me now although it is still a tough year for our household. I'm very thankful for the love of a very good man. But the point of this post is for my online friends that are going through hard times. I found that keeping an art journal was a life saver for me. I believe that it can help you too! It is a very easy exercise to help you deal with your feelings. I simply put my feelings into a page of my art journal (you can use a sketch pad, or just a piece of paper for this). Does it have to be a picture representing you and your feelings??? NO You can use color, words, abstract images, cut something out of a magazine anything that you can concentrate on and will represent your feelings. Are you angry? you can just scribble in red, Are you sad, scribble in blue. Once you have finished the page then turn to a fresh page and and create a page to represent your blessings. Yep even on our worst days there is always something that we can be grateful for. Even at the worst of times you do have a roof over your head. I know I can be grateful for a loving husband, I have 3 wonderful fur babies that love me no matter what, I have wonderful loving on line friends etc. The best thing you can do for yourself is to get the poison of pain, fear, anger etc out of your system and replace it with something that you can be grateful for or makes you happy!

Know that you are loved!!

Big Hugs from me to you!

No comments: