Monday, July 28, 2008

Walkin the Dog


I got this idea when hubby and I took our dogs for a walk. I started out with a flat painting but didn't like it because there just wasn't anything really exciting about it. I added a lot of texture to the background by paining paper towel, tearing it up and layering it on the paper. I then took a paper doll that I had made and added her on top. I used brown velour paper to make the dog. The dog's collar and leash are gold fiber. The little house is a button. The butterflies are sequins, The clouds are very fluffy made of sparkle flakes (the type of stuff you buy at Christmas time to make snow). The flower and leaf are 3 dimensional. and she as a large glass bead at the top of her dress. I used a lot of glitter glue, pearl ex, and shinny mod podge to give her a lot of sparkled and shine. There is a shadow of leaves at the top of the painting.


No comments: